Tulip Mii Autosense failed (or is it my lan?)

Hey folks

I got a strange problem. My Tulip netboot driver does not autosense the
connection client<->hub anymore, and if it does after changing the cables the
best I get is a tftp download from the server with about 100 KBit/s (on a
100 MBit/s LAN).

I read in some Linux Kernel changelog that there were errors in the linux
driver when autosensing Mii ... but that's server-side, and it's the client
that doesn't boot... it even did not get the kernel, so I don't think this
has got something to do with it.

I really don't understand why the client doesn't work anymore. I plugged
in my best cable (3 meters, 20 US$ ;) and there's still no improvement.

Have you got a hint for me?
Perhaps it's some kind of misconfiguration in the /etc/bootpd (DNS lookups
to my very slow provider or whatever), but I checked it the whole night now
and I still can't get it.

I'll stay subscribed to this list

1000 thanks in advance,

Armin JL Herbert