Re: Simple query

pagarwal@hss.hns.com wrote:
Hi Marc,

Thanks for providing the good file system template. Actually I had put most of
these but was still missing some important libraries.

Thank god I am able to  get the login prompt. But now when I enter any user
name,
I get the message:

login: PAM Failure, aborting: Success

What's PAM? Any idea what could be the problem. Am I missing something again?

Thanks,
Piyush

PAM stands for Pluggable Authentication Modules, (it controls how logins behave on your system) and it looks like they weren't included in the RamDisk you built - so you need some more files - start with libpam*, and check /etc/pam.conf to see what other authentication libraries you need.

Crispin

--
There once was a process named Horace,
Who wanted to share a resource,