Simple query

I am booting my diskless Linux using etherboot. I get the following messsage...

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
Freeing unused kernel memory: 48K freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

I used the following command to build the tagged image:

linux-mknbi -d ram  -r ram_image.gz -k zImage -o bootImage

I even tried -a init=/bin/sh in the above command but the same problem remains.

I have the following files in the ramdisk image:

/sbin/init
/etc/inittab
/bin/sh

Thanks,