Re: Booting without VGA card

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ken Yap <ken@nlc.net.au>
An: netboot@baghira.han.de <netboot@baghira.han.de>
Datum: Mittwoch, 14. Juli 1999 04:58
Betreff: Re: Booting without VGA card

>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>I'm booting a diskless client with a NETBOOT floppy.
>>Everything works fine. Now I tried to boot it without
>>a graphics card installed. The floppy seemed to
>>have been read, but the network card never flashed
>>up, so I assume that the netboot code didn't execute.
>>
>>Has anybody successfully tried to boot a computer without a VGA
>>installed? Or is there any reason this couldn't work?
>
>A lot of PC BIOSes don't like booting up without some sort of video
>card. Try installing some obsolete video card, just good enough to pass
>the POST. You don't need a video monitor of course

Unfortunately, that's not the problem. The disk boots (seems to),
as well as e.g. a DOS floppy. But when the boot process is done
and the netboot code should execute, I never see the network card
flash. I tried this with different combinations of Mainboard and BIOS
settings, but nothing seems to work. I can't see any error messages,
of course. :-(

Any ideas?

Holger