Diskless Network - /me confused

I know this list isn't meant for newbie questions, but I'm planning to
set up a diskless network at home (1 server + 3 clients) and I'm a
little confused about this whole business. If someone could enlighten me
I would be very grateful :-)

The clients would be using bootdisks (they do have a floppy) to connect
to the server. The clients are then supposed to mount their root on the
server, and it's here the confusion starts. Where will this root be?
Will other users be able to access this? Will this root have its own
/dev so that the client can access its own hardware (like cdrom)?
If yes, will other clients be able to access the other clients /dev?

Let's say the server has a Voodoo 2 card installed. Will the clients be
able to use it and play say Q3 in decent speed even though the clients
computers suck, but the server is P2-450? Or does it not work this way?
Are the clients' RAM used, or only the server's? Would the clients be
able to use their own Voodoo 2 if they wanted, but start the actual
game from the server? If both the server and a client have a Voodoo 2
card, how does the game know which one it should use? Lots of "?"'s
here, and this is just some of the questions and could come up with at
this moment, but I'd appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks in advance,
--
Matthias Carlsson                                    matthias@missil.net
Web Designer / Programmer                                   UIN: 1430647