Re: Strange SIGSEGV

In message <199906161340.PAA03766@pc45.ict.tuwien.ac.at>, Bernd Petrovitsch
wro
te:
>Hi !
>
>I'm trying to get netboot to work, but makerom terminates almost
>immediately after startup.
>
>System:
> - Redhat-6.0 with an updated Kernel-2.2.5-22
> - gcc-2.8.1 or egcs-1.1.2 (tried both - same behaviour)
> - CFLAGS with -g or -O2 (tried both with both compilerd)
> - Pentium2/300 or 486/33 (treid on both machines with the compilers
>      above)

What happened next:
-) mknbi-linux suddenly has the same problems. These were "solved"
   after inserting a 'printf("argc = %d\n", arc);' as the first executed
   line in the main() function.
-) I inserted some printf's in the main() function of makerom/main.c, which
   made it work "longer" (if you count the syscalls). After inserting some
   much longer strings in the output I get now a "image.rom" file (which
   seems to be too short wuth 2512 bytes).
-) Inserting a few more bytes made makerom work.

Hmm, is this a gcc-2.8.1 bug ?

	Bernd

--
 Bernd Petrovitsch               Institute of Computer Technology
 Gußhausstraße 25-29, A-1040 Vienna Email: bernd@ict.tuwien.ac.at

PGP signature