Re: ypbind problem with RH6.0

>Has anyone solved the problem of using an NFS root for a diskless
>client that wants to use NIS when both the client and server
>are running RedHat 6.0 (or maybe just the server running 2.2 kernel)?
>
>The problem is when ypbind is run on the client it exits saying
>it is already running but the PID it lists is its own PID!.

I'm successfully using YP on a 6.0 client to a Solaris server but not
a diskless client, so if there are any problems I imagine it would lie
with NFS. I seem to recall there were some problems with file locking in
Linux 2.2's NFS, I don't know if they have been solved. RH6.0 uses the
kernel space NFS server, maybe you could try the user space NFS server
to see if that makes any difference.