NFS-swap and NFS slowness questions

Hi all!

My questions aren't directly about netboot so fogive me.
Also i think that my problems are often the problems of people using
netboot and etherboot, so it isn't wrong topic for that discussion list.
If You don't think so - I do really sorry for the letter You're reading.

Better I'll come to the point immedietly.

Is there a path for 2.0.36 (i use it at the moment) kernel which allows it
to use NFS- swap?
Or NFS-swap is normally compiled in 2.0.36 (or 2.2.X???) but i don't know
how to use it?
I get lot's of error messages when i try to do:
mkswap /tmp/swapfile (works OK)
swapon /tmp/swapfile (after that i get a few errors :( )

Are there any complications with using NFS-swap? Somebody tryed to use it?
(My diskless have only 16MB ram and I want to use it for sth
better than fvwm2 - maybe GNOME? or KDE? - which would be better in your
opinion?
I need also StarOffice and Netscape - where can i get older version of
netscape? (for linux of course)
Or is it only my dream to use those programs in my situation?
anyway - windows95 works OK on those diskless !!!
but has a swap using Novell 3.11 disks)

Tere's also problem of speed. I know that NFS was designed a long time ago
and is slower than for ex. samba. I tryied to make it faster by using
rsize=8128 and wsize=8128 (maybe the number is "a little" wrong - i can't
remember) But i can't see it got better (i get 100KB/sec).
Somewhere i've read about sth. faster than NFS (it's name was XFS or sth
like that) but i can't find it anymore.
Has anyoune used it? Or has any sugestions?
It's really too slow for normal use now.

People at the university i'am studing still don't belive that linux can be
useful. And i want to show them tey're wrong. But it's not easy.
Would YOU help me a bit?

                                            GREG__

+-- Grzegorz Prokopski ---- prokopsk@novell.itn.pwr.wroc.pl -----