reading bootptab-tags

Hello,

I wonder if there is a way to obtain values of some tags from the
client's entry in /etc/bootptab (ie. bf, ip, ..). With some commercial
bootprom solutions you can do that with "bputil", but it doesn't work
with netboot.
I have to use different names for the clients in Windows-Network. Since
protocol.ini has to reside inside the bootimage, I would have to create
seperate bootimages for every client just because of the computer-name
:-(

any hints?

--
Burkhard Greeb

Internet Activity GmbH & Co. KG           Tel. +49 2773-8167-0
Auf der Stuecke 6                         Fax  +49 2773-8167-20
35708 Haiger / Germany
bg@iag-net.de, http://www.iag-net.de