Re: 3C905B-TX Boot Prom Mapping?

Hello,

Hans-Peter Jansen <sped-jansen@t-online.de> wrote:
> When booting the 3C905B (WOL), it says something like:
>
> Uncompressing done
>
> and hangs...
>
> Same eeprom worked fine in an ordinary 3C905.
>
> Gero, would you please give a comment to this topic?

What comment do you expect? I know that there are problems with certain
versions of the 3C905B, but I haven't be able to check for these myself
since I don't have such a card myself. All problems (including your
"hanging" problem) seem to be related to the fact that the 3C905B doesn't
activate the full ROM range for some reason. For all users of a 3C905B
I can only recommend to use a FlashCard at present.

gero.

--
We learn from history that we learn nothing from history.
  - George Bernard Shaw