BOOTGW

Hi,

I tried to boot a diskless client across segments. Ok, it doesn´t work
using a router between the segments. Now I find out about BOOTGW.

My question:
is it possible to run BOOTGW on the router or do I need a host on the
same collision domain as the bootp-client to run BOOTPGW, so there is no
bootps entry in routers /etc/inetd.conf (SuSE Linux 5.3).

Because I am not so sure about BOOTGW configuration, informations and
URLs are welcome. Is it possible to name the BOOTPGW server by name, so
is DNS running fist or do I must use the IP-addr.

I am new in this list and I will produce some traffic. Configations as
examples are also welcome.

Thanks,
	uwe.