Re: Which NIC (PCI) under Linux?

Michael Hierweck wrote:
Hello,

 I would like to set up a 100MBit network with a HUB
 and 100MBit NICs (PCI).
 Furthermore I would like to boot the diskless workstations
 using netboot.

 Server and Workstaion will run under Linux (SuSE 6.0).

 Which NICs should I choose to prevent any trouble?

I'm not having any difficulty with my SMC Etherpower II (EPIC 100 based)
cards.

Finding the packet driver was tricky though.

Crispin

--
---
"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad