Re: net booting using standard manufacturers bootroms

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, John Finlay wrote:

> Where should I look for info on net booting linux using the bootroms
> available from the NIC card manufacturers? I have a 3com MBA bootrom for
> my 3c905B-TX but no info on how to boot linux using it.

 Usually the manufacturer provides some info for netbooting (at least for
windows) but not for linux. I've trying with the prom that comes with the
intel EtherExpress PRO 100+ but it only can load an image < 32KB what
makes a difficult job running linux... If you send me an image of the
bootrom i could try to investigate it with a 3c905B.