Re: Booting from HDD

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Anton V. Fedorov wrote:

> Hi ALL,
>
> I work at a Windows workstation and sometime I need a X-terminal
> (Linux started from network). I want to make netboot ask me what I want
> at boot time... Something like this: "Press 'H' to boot from HDD or
> 'N' to boot from Network".
>
> Does anybody know a standard way to do it?
>
> Anton.

	Yes, of course. The way is to make netboot to display a menu (made
with mknbi-mgl) which allows to choose among different options. One would
be use the local harddisk for booting (telling it which partition) and
another would be to load an image from the tftp server (which you have made
with mknbi-linux or mknbi-dos). I think there is enough info in the netboot
package, but if you need some help, don't doubt to ask for. The initial menu
is taken from the tftp boot server in an standard way.

	Bye.

	Omar.