Re: How to look for specific bootp server

Currently on the university campus where I work we are using a DHCP server
to dish out leases on ipaddresses.  I have a separate server I am using
for Bootp testing.  The diskless machine finds the DHCP server and gets
its ipaddress.  Then it trys to find a kernel to boot off of.  I checked
the logs on the Bootp server and it said nothing about a connect from that
ip.  Any suggestions on a solution?

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Charlie Brady wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Mohd Hanafiah Abdullah wrote:
>
> > >In the case of DHCP (if you have configured etherboot/netboot to use DHCP
> > >rather than BOOTP), the protocol allows for multiple servers which the
> > >client then chooses between (usually, I think, by grabbing the first
> > >offer).
> >
> > Aha.  How do we configure the floppy/EPROM to achieve this?  Thanks.
>
> You don't, it just happens.
>
> Charlie Brady - Telstra  |internet: cbrady@ind.tansu.com.au
> Network Products         |Snail    : Locked Bag 6581, GPO Sydney 2001 Australia
> Platform Technologies    |Physical : Lvl 2, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney 2000
>  IN-Sub Unit - Sydney    | Phone: +61 2 9206 3470 Fax: +61 2 9281 1301

Thanks,

Mike Cathey

	Information Systems---S.A.U.		| "Great spirits have always
	http://www.southern.edu/~mpcathey/	|  encountered violent
	mpcathey@southern.edu           	|  opposition from mediocre
	Work: (423) 238 2712		 	|  minds."
	Dorm: (423) 238 3233            	|  --Albert Einstein