lanworks bootroms

Hello,
	I'm sorry if this is a question that has already
been answered, but I've only just joined this list.

Has anyone succeeded in getting netboot/etherboot/etc
to work using the bootware bootroms from lanworks
(now owned by 3com)?

We are unfortunate enough to have two classrooms full
of machines with these bootroms (on 3com 3C905 NICs), and
find their tools inflexible, and their support unresponsive!

What I want to be able to do, is to boot a multi-boot menu
(a la mknbi-mgl), which then lets the user boot Linux
(remotely) or Windows NT (from the local hard disk), or an
admin boot which allows ghost to be run (suitably protected!)

Related to this, why is mknbi-blkdev in netboot version 0.7.3,
(as shipped with etherboot-4.0), but not in netboot-0.8.1?

Thanks in advance!
Martin