Re: Pocket Adaptor support?

Richard Gooch writes:
 >   Hi, all. Recently I asked about network booting via a PCMCIA
 > EtherNet card. In my quest for a solution, I'm also wondering about
 > booting from one of those pocket adaptors (the ones that plug into the
 > parallel port). Would that be easier to support than PCMCIA?
 >
 > Once again, I'd be quite happy to be able to stick in a floppy disc to
 > a laptop and have it boot into the BOOTP client and download the
 > kernel and compressed root FS from a server.
 >
 > Is this something I can ever expect to see? :-)

Hmm, it should not be incredibly to write a PLIP adapter for
etherboot. Admittedly, this is a pretty strange idea, but it is
probably the easiest way to bootstrap a Linux kernel onto a
CD-ROM-less laptop.

Any volunteers ;-)

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-278-0137

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature