Re: PCMCIA support?

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:

>   Hi, all. I wonder if it would be feasible to support network booting
> via a PCMCIA EtherNet card? I'd be quite happy to be able to stick in
> a floppy disc to a laptop and have it boot into the BOOTP client and
> download the kernel and compressed root FS from a server.
You must initialize the card ( meaning you have to boot in DOS, run the
PCMCIA software - specific for the controller, allocate resources for the
netcard) then run the PROM image and MAYBE  will work.
I think is more feasible to boot the kernel and a small initrd image from
the floppy, run the PCMCIA services, the network driver and the bootp
client then NFS mount the root from the server.

> Is this something I can ever expect to see? :-)
In short, not by a long shot. But who knows ...

> 				Regards,
>
> 					Richard....

Bye,

	Vlad