Re: nfs -root problem

Hello,

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, fabrice jacques wrote:

> hello,
>
> when i try to netboot my diskless client, everything is fine till
> i got:
>
> Root-NFS: Unable to open at least one network device

This means that the kernel you are booting didn't find the networkcard in
your client. When you compiled the kernel, do you include the driver for
your network card ? You can't use a module for this purpose ! If the
driver is compiled in, is the configuration of your network card so that
the kernel can find it ?

> Root-NFS: unable to contact NFS server for root fs, using /dev/fd0
> instead
> Kernel panic:VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 02:00

This lines are only the result of the above. The kernel can't find its
network card, so it can not start its network and therefore it can't use
nfs. So instead he tried to use the floppy

> thanks for your help
>
> fabrice

Hope it helps
	Torsten