Intel Eeptro100B -- flash update utility

> > I have tryed to change every single option in the BIOS -- no luck.
> > Btw this BIOS has got an option of chosing network as boot device.
> > Is it possible that it needs a different point of entry into the
> > bootrom code?
>
> That's likely. I suppose that your BIOS requires the bootrom to be compliant
> with the BIOS boot specification as published by Phoenix, Compaq and Intel.
> However, it should still be able to work with legacy bootroms according to
> that specification, but maybe it doesn't. The next netboot release will
> be compliant with the BIOS boot specification, so this problem should be
> solved then (and yes, you should be able to select network boot from the
> BIOS setup then). However, it will take quite some time to finish that next
> version.
>
> gero.

Any pointers where I can find the specification, I really need to get this
thing to work. Something interesting that I found so far. First of all
I found a utility to program flash ROM on Eepro100 from DOS. And I was
just about to invest into a flash programmer!
Utility is awailable on intel WEB site
     http://support.intel.com/support/landesk/conigmgr
It comes with intel boot ROM image as well. I had a look at it with
hexdump and debug.exe -- there is lot's of additional header info.

Regards,

Alex

  Alex Harin, PhD           Universal Computer Services
  Tel  +27 11 339-6111      PO Box 31266 Braamfontein 2017, South Africa
  Cell +27 82 900-4779      20th Floor, Total House, Smit St, Braamfontein
  Fax  +27 11 339-3421      Johannesburg, South Africa