Re: DEC 21140 or DFE500TX

Hello,

Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> wrote:
>  > Can i find somewhre Netcarddriver for Etherboot. I have Dlink Netcards
>  > DFE500TX with DEC21140 CHIP.
>
> ftp://ftp.crynwr.com/drivers/dc21x4pk_11_1.zip

When looking at the sources this dc21x4 packet driver seems to need a file
named PROTOCOL.INI for operation. Does it also run without this file? I have
presently one report that this driver doesn't work with netboot because of
it's size. Would it be possible to remove this PROTOCOL.INI stuff (and also
remove some unnecessary messages like help texts etc.) if it's not needed?
I haven't looked at the sources that close yet... How about including this
packet driver binary (either original or patched) into the official netboot
release? Any copyright restrictions? Also same question for the EtherExpress
Crynwr packet driver...

Thanks in advance.

gero.

--
Civilization is a movement, not a condition; it is a voyage, not a harbor.
  - Toynbee