Re: Bull Netstation

Ken Yap writes:
 > Most people on this Netboot list are not likely to come across this one,
 > but if you see a Netstation made by Bull or 3com and it looks suspiciously
 > like this one, then you may be interested to know it's been made to
 > netboot Linux by Jim Hague. Details at:
 >
 > 	http://www.slug.org.au/etherboot/bull/

This machine looks very similar in design to the Oracle NCI network
computer. The latter is running some Java front-end on top of
NetBSD/XFree86. The operating system is loaded via the original NetBSD
BOOT-Prom. I haven't tried this, but the EPROM could probably be
replaced with "etherboot" as long as you enable support for natively
booting NetBSD --- I bet it would scare the shit out of Oracle's
sales force to see Linux (or DOS) boot on their "Java Station" ;-)

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-278-0137

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature