No Subject

From: narf@eidolon.speakeasy.org (FT14)
To: netboot@baghira.han.de
Subject: Olicom packet driver?

Okay, this is not your typical setup.  My employer has a large number
of old clunker '486 machines that are getting replaced. I want to turn
them into X terminals and put them out in the warehouse so the folks
out there can use them.  The hitch is my employer is a token-ring shop
and all the machines have Olicom token ring cards.  Olicom has seen
the light and they have a linux kernel driver.  Anyone out there seen
a packet driver for these? I know there's a commercial boot EPROM, but
I have no budget. We're talking about maybe a hundred or so machines.

Keep up the good work, guys.  While the world dithers and fusses over
ZAW and NetPCs, Netboot and Linux can do it all today, for free.