Re: Dos disk-image and emm386

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Gero Kuhlmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Not necessarily. When himem.sys gets loaded, the mknbi-dos ramdisk driver
> registers the ramdisk with himem, and EMM386 will recognize it and not
> trash the virtual disks contents. However, I have only tried this with
> MS-DOS 5.0 and 6.0, not with OpenDOS (as distributed by Caldera). Maybe
> OpenDOS works a little different. I will inspect this issue further.

 OpenDos, doesnt like to have both himem.sys and emm386 loaded at the same
time. It barfs at you when you try this, and says that you don't have to
run himem.sys, because all functions are in emm386 and loading himem.sys
is a waste of memory....
 But if you load both himem.sys and emm386 it works with umb's. So one
should just ignore that warning message from emm386....

Thomas Mørch