Bootrom not recognized 3COM 3C509

Hi,

I tried to boot Linux with netboot 0.7.3 and a 3COM 3c509B using the
standard 3Com-driver in the netboot-package.
While booting form disk everything went well, so I burned a EPROM
(M27C256B).

But the bootrom code is not recognized.

The code on the EPROM is correct, I've compared it with the
original image.rom file. I've tried the same NIC-Card on two different
mainboards and changed a lot of bios-parameters but i didn't manage to
make it work.

Are there any known problems with the 3COM 3C509 or certain points I may
have forgotten??

Thanks in advance.
A.Keller

Alexander Keller            Universitaet Wuerzburg
Roentgenring 7              Physikalisches Institut EP III
97070 Wuerzburg             Am Hubland, 97074 Wuerzburg
Tel. 0931/14047             Tel.0931/8885781
                            e-mail: keller@physik.uni-wuerzburg.de