Re: Printcap

I have downloaded magicfilter and have conpiled the code. I have add the lines
to the printcap. I still get the staircase effect.

clipped from the printcap:
lp:hpj:\
 :if=/usr/local/bin/ljet4-filter:\
 :af=/usr/local/bin/magicfilter:\
 :rm=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:\
 :rp=lpt1:\
 :bqfilter:\
 :lp=/dev/null:\
 :sh:

What I am tring to do is to send a print job from linux machine to LPD server
running under windows which send the print job to a novell queue. Thus printing
out on a laser printer.

The bqfilter was add after but I still do get the staircase effect.
The xxx stuff is a ip number, I just can not release it without higher concent.
Richard Sanford
Richard.Sanford@Utoronto.ca
Assistant Lan Admin.
Office of the Vice-provost and
Assistant Vice-President ( Planning and Budget )
27 King's College Circle Room 240
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 1A1