proper shutdown

Dear Netbooters,

I have some problems regarding proper shutdown of a netbooted system,
with root NFS mounted.

The standard distributions seem to kill the mount/nfs deamons to soon.

Could anyone please present a sound shutdown script, not umounting
NFS (and killing? should it be killed?) until right before shutdown?

Telinit scripts call "killall" (TERM and then KILL) on
all remaining processes running, giving little special treatment to
NFS/mount.
This makes it somewhat hard to write a proper shutdown script, or
at least it has confused me into thinking so.

Happy new year to you all,

Anders E. Topper.