Re: How to setup SWAP partition for diskless client

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Karsten Brinkmann wrote:
> > How do I set up the SWAP partition for a Linux diskless client using a Linux
> > server's diskspace?  Thanks.

I'm very intrested in this particular subject too.

> Then, you can create a swapfile on the client's root partition with
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/SWAPFILE bs=1k count=20000
> (for a 20 MB swap file).

> Then you should do a mkswap /SWAPFILE <filesize> and put a swapon in the
> system start scripts of your client.

How it should be used from client side? As swap partition or
as swap file?

I once tried this long time ago, and couldn't find
anywhere how to use it.

> Again, you need the NFS swap kernel patch to do so.

Yep, this compiled just fine.

Juha

--
Black holes are where God divided by zero.