Re: etherboot-3.2

Paulo Jorge Veloso Lameirinhas writes:
 > > This part will probably require you to have access to
 > > technical documentation for the card.
 >
 > I Do Not Have Access To That Kind of Information Besides the NICs
 > But I Whish To Do Something ...
 > I Also Have 3c509 NICs and I Was Asking To My Self ...
 > If I Read The Linux Driver Code For This One From Donald Becker
 > And Also Read The Code In etherboot For This One
 > To Understand More About This Kind of Stuff ... !!!
 > And Later Read The Linux Driver Code " eepro.c " From Bao Ha
 > This Could Be a Start ... ???

Not having access to the chip's technical documentation will make
things somewhat more difficult. While it is often possible to reverse
engineer existing driver code, you are bound to waste some time on
trial'n'error where printed documentation could give you an immediate
answer to your problem. You can probably get started with this
project, without having a copy of the chip's technical manual, but for
the final touches official documentation is really helpful; you should
try to contact the manufacturer and ask if they can provide you with
more documentation. Very often, they are quite helpful and you will
either be able to download a PDF file from their web page or you can
mail-order a printed copy.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature