Re: Booting over Network and Redirecting Drive A

Michael Niehren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have the following problem.
> I'm booting DOS over Network with netboot under Linux.
> After that i make a login on the NWE-Server on Linux and
> some Drives (C,D,F) are mapped. My problem is now, that i want to get
> access to the Floppy Drive of the Boot-Machine, but the Drive A is mapped
> to the bootimage.
> How can I redirect the A-Drive to the Floppy ?
>
>    thanks in advance

In the mknbi-dos source directory you find a file rmrd.com which
you may want to put on your ramdisk. Executing rmrd.com under dos
removes the ramdisk and makes the floppy drive acessible again.
Another option would be to use the -c switch with mknbi-dos, which
maps the ramdisk to a virtual hard disk.

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341