Re: remote access to floppy disk drive

Martin Loebbing writes:
 > Is it possible for an ordinary user to get access to a remote floppy
 > disk drive?
 >
 > We have some PCs using etherboot/netboot for booting.  On startup,
 > they launch an Xserver and get a login box from an xdm running on a Sun.
 > Ordinary user don't have an account on the PC, only on the Sun.
 > It is possible for them to access a floppy disk drive, connected to the
 > PC, by an interface like mtools?

I believe, the original iX-Terminal software came with a patched
version of mtools, that allowed exactly this. You should probably
check with iX's ftp server if you can still find it. Unfortunately, my
copies of all the old iX issues are back in Germany so I cannot really
look up this information.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature