Re: Problems using etherboot 3.1 - long

>SYNOPSIS:
>BootServer: HP 9000/720 runing HP-UX
>Diskless client: PC running Linux 2.0.29
>Problems:
>1. can't make a bootrom image.
>2. can't boot of of NFS mounted fs due to problems
>   with exported block/character special files
>3. can't boot of of ramdisk image
>

>Ad 1.
>	The configure script generates errros. As a result of this
>I cannot do a "make bootrom" as suggested in the INSTALL file.
>Here's the output:
>
>creating bootrom/make.defs
>sed: can't read /home/bo/etherboot-3.1/netboot-0.5.3/./bootrom/make.defs.in:
>No such file or directory
>mkdir: cannot make directory `bootrom/utils/utilsrc': No such file or directo
>ry
>creating bootrom/utils/utilsrc/Makefile
>./config.status: bootrom/utils/utilsrc/Makefile: No such file or directory
>creating config.h

These messages are harmless. The distribution of netboot-0.5.3 included
with etherboot-3.1 doesn't include the bootrom portion but the other
portions work fine. Just go to the mknbi-linux directory and say make.
I guess I should explain this in the next release.

>Therefor, I'm using a bootrom image (image.flo) from an older package,
>etherboot 2.0. Hope that's okay.

Better use the latest.

Sorry, I don't have much idea about the NFS problems.

	Ken