Re: Windows 95

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Gero Kuhlmann wrote:

> Juan Cespedes <cespedes@etsit.upm.es> wrote:
> > 	I think I'm going to try the way described in
> > http://cuiwww.unige.ch/~mvuilleu/configsc1/config.html, but I'll have
> > to modify the netboot sources a bit
>
> ... and I also got reports that it's possible to boot
> a full Windows-95 without any changes to mknbi-dos. Please note that the
> documents for which you have given the URL, describes a setup using a
> commercial bootrom, which is not compatible with netboot or etherboot.

	I know, but I *need* remote boot of Windows 95 and haven't
heard of anybody succeeding it except for the folks at that URL.

	I want to try something like what they use, and in order to do
that I need to modify netboot this way:

+ I need a new loading mode to execute a '.COM' file with the
	DOS simulator, and without changing the INT vectors

+ I need a way to specify several images to load, one at a time

+ I need a way for .COM programs to use 'tftp_open', 'tftp_get',
	'load' (changed a bit), and a new 'uninstall_netroom',
	to terminate packet driver and restore INT vectors.
	All this could be done with a new INT

	I think that's all...  well, I'd like to be able to specify in
'makerom' whether to use INT'18 or INT'19, to be able to boot from the
EPROM even if there's a valid boot device, but I think it would not be
too difficult :)

	I'll begin working on all this next week, and I'll appreciate
all your suggestions.

--
Juan Cespedes