Re: Problems using etherboot 3.1 - long

>	After compiling a suitable kernel, running

 Maybe this is too obvious, but did you include ram disk support
in the kernel when you build it ?

>I'm guessing 01:00 are the major and minor numbers of root device.
>In my case that's the ramdisk device, which makes sense. In the
>prepared filesystem I use, I have:

>lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 Jun 12 17:27 ram -> ram0
>brw-r--r--   1 root     root       1,   0 Jun 12 17:27 ram0
>brw-r-----   1 root     root       1,   1 Jun 12 17:26 ram1
>
>Looks okay to me.

 The fact that the devices ram0, ram1, etc ...  exist does not imply the kernel
has been compiled with support for them. Try, using dd for example, to actually
create a ram disk.

 Sorry if this seems stupid, but you never know.

	E.