Re: Problem with booting DOS, Linux goes ok...

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Juan Cespedes wrote:

> > ramdisk image and ttried to boot it up. BootROM loads it via TFTP but it
> > didn't boot it... computer just hangs... :(((
> 	How did you use mknbi-dos?  I've had problems using it with
> certain versions of MS-DOS when creating bootdisk from a directory,
> but it's always been successful when using it with a floppy image.
> 	Try to create a MS-DOS bootdisk, and create an image of it
> (eg: 'dd if=/dev/fd0 of=image.dd' from Linux), then use mknbi-dos to
> convert that image.

	I did it just in that way
I took a bootable floppy then I executed:

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=dos.image

next

mknbi-dos -r dos.image -o /home/boot/dos.img

and it doesn't work... :(

  *
 /\
|~~|                      Andrzej Gab vel GibU
|  |                        gab@po.opole.pl
|  |               Tam gdzie mnie nie ma swiat umiera
|__|           i o litosc blaga kazde drzewo, ksiazka, rym.

      - - - -   UOI  - - -   Politechnika Opolska   - - - -