Re: 2 problems, one solved

>us know, if it helped. One possibility is, that the 3c509b card maps
>some constant number into part of the EPROM space; if this is indeed
>the case, then the EPROM needs to be patched to take this fact into
>account.

Hmm. That looks suspiciously like something I discovered about the
3c503. See the hints file at the Etherboot web page. The makerom
program of Etherboot leave the unused bytes at FF, so check the last
few bytes of the bootrom with DEBUG to see if it not FF. If that's the
case, I can add a feature into makerom to preset bytes to some value
before loading the code and checksumming.