Re: Addon for the documentation

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Wed_Jul__2_10:45:50_1997-1

Hi Evan,

 > This tutorial on debug is great! What I really needed a couple of weeks
 > ago to save an hour or two...

I am glad, you like the document. I hope it is helpful to others and
answers some of the frequently asked questions.

 > Maybe add here if the EPROM is 8k (by mistake), the image looks all right
 > but will be repeated every 8k, so check the 8k boundaries.

I included all of your suggestions. Thank you for telling me about
these things.

 > By the way, I've just had a case where the PC doesn't have Shadow RAM to
 > make the uncompression time unacceptable, but Gero sent me a patch today
 > where the ROM progam actually copies the compressed image into RAM itself
 > before uncompressing, and so there's no need to enable Shadow RAM, which
 > is handy if you don't have Shadow RAM.

This is the same approach that "etherboot" takes, after I had a
similar problem with my 486.

 > If I can assist with some notes on the initrd side, please let me
 > know.

Feel free to write whatever documentation you think is still
missing. We all appreciate all the help that we can get. Ken intends
to move everything over to Linuxdoc format, so if you can write your
texts in this format, it will spare Ken some extra work, but I assume,
he can do the conversion for you, if you would rather want to submit a
plain text file. As Ken is currently coordinating the documentation,
you might want to contact him directly.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Wed_Jul__2_10:45:50_1997-1

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBM7qTzxqJqDLErwMxAQEWzAQAnkT2MhhyCQm+NHmOA2y842hy3KRgfRQl
RBUoKlQrrjW6iJIsR0VpyHDl9yH2AUyxN414PJ2gNPHBN3SVt8T6DgpGc9yl+7jZ
Pu37xzv7cnmRnCGNqI3OkzxO5le/XO2qIRECOnq2M5S1oB7/itq3oSm4+W4yvTxZ
RrvF+fDM74k=
=WUl8
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Wed_Jul__2_10:45:50_1997-1--