Re: passwords and commandline options

At 07:04 PM 6/25/97 +0200, you wrote:

>One thing that is very nice about Etherboot is that it
>supports password-protection of images and the passing of
>commandline options. The later is particulary useful, since
>it allowed me to have one linux-netboot-image for both, X
>and non-X setup.

How is the commandline option actually specified and used by
the Etherboot's bootprom kernel?  Are the commandline options
specified in the bootptab file somewhere?

So if you have a single bootimage file that embedds two
distinct tagged boot image files, then the bootprom kernel
will use the command line option provided and pick a correct
tagged boot image from this "container file" and let the
BIOS boot out of it?  The "container file" would get pretty
large i would think.

Is this commandline option a BOOTP tag or unique to Etherboot?

Thanks,

-gshin