Re: First experience with Netboot 0.6.0 remote booting

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Wed_Jun_25_17:14:19_1997-1

George Shin writes:
 > I'll ask the vendor to see if they are handling the function 10H
 > correctly.  As you stated, if the call to that function completed
 > successfully (i.e. without carry flag set) then that function
 > should be supported.  It doesn't make sense for the packet driver
 > to return good status on call to function 10H and at the same time
 > return illegal values.

While I do agree, that it is a good idea to help Gero in debugging the
code and evaluating whether it is a problem with "netboot" (unlikely)
or with the packet driver (more likely), I still do not really see,
why you insist on using the manufacturer's driver. If I remember
correctly, then you said that you were using a NE2k clone. There are
a whole bunch of good generic packet drivers out there for those cards
and if I am not mistaken both "netboot" and "etherboot" actually ship
with precompiled binaries for NE2k clones.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-537-3778

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Wed_Jun_25_17:14:19_1997-1

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBM7G0WxqJqDLErwMxAQGfAAP/RhIu6gf0KQXbXiZ76+jzZ9YkcGlbXiOw
fn4AX3h5Gg7mI4ARHKsffzuDtl+qsdR9CweAl+JbkhSwbQI0cG71bbxDhPqTMe6K
beueDvyD61A1bnuL6IJ55OkgPmnphncsL60l5iJXAwnalGFEzJdDnbs8bevSQIB8
D1w/URhhevM=
=LZ/I
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--pgp-sign-Multipart_Wed_Jun_25_17:14:19_1997-1--