About netboot

Hi, there,

I've tried netboot-0.5.3 for my diskless Linux station. Really exciting.

Everything is OK, booting from bootrom, contacting bootp server, reading
bootimage, and booting the kernel, except that it halts after echoing
"VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem)".

I think it's because of some error settings of my root dir for that
diskless station on my Linux bootp server.  But since it doesn't reach the
step of 'rc.S', I am not able to figure out what's the problem on earth
because of my limited knowledgement with Linux.

Would you give me some hints to deal with it ?  It seems the / has been
mounted, but I can't see this by 'showmount' on the server.

Another question is that which directories need to be 'hard' copied to the
exported directory for nfs booted station ?  Is /dev necessary, or able
to be auto-mounted via /etc/fstab ?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Jiang, Xiong

Mr. Jiang, Xiong                        Address:  Room 1-333, P.O. Box 4
Graduate Student                                  Hefei, Anhui, 230027
ISDN Lab, Dept. of EEIS                           P.R.China
USTC
Tel: 86-551-3601334                     Email:    jxiong@eeis.ustc.edu.cn