On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 markus@infoscape.com wrote:

> Jose A. Martinez writes:
>  > Boot from floppy the next message :
>  >=20
>  > ERROR: invalid header
>  >=20
>  > Could you help-me?
>=20
> Is that etherboot or netboot? What exactly did you try putting on the
> floppy? I always had very much success with using etherboot's
> masquerading code and then copying it to the raw floppy device or
> using lilo to boot the image. (this can even be used for booting the
> boot prom over the network, but I assume not very many people other
> than me have ever used this particular feature.)

I use netboot

1-> Compied with ./configure --enable-bootrom
2-> make dep; make clean
3-> make bootrom ----> image.flo and image.rom
4-> with dd command I make the bootfloppy:
    dd if=3Dimage.flo of=3D/dev/fd0
5-> boot from floppy -> The server is ok. The server
                        send the IP number and the vmlinuz kernel file
                        but the secuence of boot is stopped with the

Could you help me?

Jose A. Martinez Garcia
Dpto. Arq. de Computadores y Electronica
Universidad de Almeria                 =09     Tel: +34 (9)50 215074
La Ca=F1ada de S. Urbano                       Fax: +34 (9)50 215486
04120 ALMERIA=09                          E-mail: jamartin@dali.ualm.es
ESPA=D1A                                       URL: http://dali.ualm.es/=09=
    =20