Re: problem netbooting 286s

Hello,

Ken Yap <ken@syd.dit.csiro.au> wrote:
> Anyway, now I have a 286 that has just a network card and a parallel
> port and running as a print server.

I do have the same (which originally was the reason for me to write
netboot ;-)) but based on Linux.

> Gero, here is a patch to mknbi-dos/openrd.c to cater for OPENDOS floppy
> images.

Thanks, it will go into the next netboot version.

> Also, any chance of allowing a "floppy size" to be specified to
> mknbi-dos instead of defaulting to 1.44 Mb when creating from a
> directory?

You cannot have a size different from the standard floppy sizes (e.g. 360k,
1.2M etc.) due to limitations within DOS. Why do you want to have a smaller
floppy image size?

gero

--
Boy, men are pretty stupid sometimes, no? :-)
  - John Kuthe