Ytree; a UNIX Filemanager
Ytree - a (curses-based) file manager similar to DOS Xtree(tm).
...for browsing filesystems and archives (RAR/SPM/RPM/TAR/ARC/LHA/ZIP/ZOO).
New in 1.97
- Bugfix for pathcopy / allow abort during tagged operations
New in 1.96
- Bugfix for long user- and group names (Thanks to frank)
New in 1.95
- Improved UTF-8 support (Thanks to frank)
New in 1.94
New in 1.93
- Adapted Makefile to respect environment CC and LDFLAGS
- New "login to parent node" command ('p')
New in 1.92
- Debug crash during focus switch to file pane
New in 1.91
- Compile on DJGPP
- Debug archive read if clock is enabled
New in 1.90
- Debug crash during tagged delete
- Compiles on MacOS (again)
New in 1.89
- NetBSD corrections. (Thanks to Valere Monseur aka Dobedo)
New in 1.88
- NetBSD support. (Thanks to Martynas Venckus)
New in 1.87
- OpenBSD support. (Thanks to Martynas Venckus)
New in 1.86
- Minor bugfixes. (Thanks to D. Binderman)
- Fixes crash when deleting last file in a directory (Thanks to Dobedo)
Ytree is reported to run on following platforms:
- SYSV R3.2/R4
- Interactive UNIX
- Linux V2.x
- NeXTstep 2.1
- Irix 5.2
- AIX 3.2
- SUNOS 4.1 / Solaris 2
- ULTRIX 4.3
- DEC-UNIX / OSF1
- Mac OS X
In most instances, it should be sufficient to uncomment the
section for your platform in 'Makefile' (Default is linux).
Type 'make' followed by 'make install'. If you want, customize
ytree by editing '$HOME/.ytree'.
Where to get ytree:
You can get the ytree source directly from this WebPage:
ytree-1.97.tar.gz (121 kB / Jan 02, 2011)
Arch linux users: http://aur.archlinux.org/index.php
Debian Users: http://packages.debian.org/etch/ytree
FreeBSD Users: http://www.freebsd.org/ports/misc.html
Other XTree Clones:
Have a look at the XTree Fan Page!
Here you can find everything about the legendary XTree and links to various
other XTree clones.
Last but not least take a look on the homepage of Jeff Johnson, the author of the original XTree and XTreeGold (Thank you Jeff, for your great work!).
ytree is distributed as free software under the GNU license (see COPYING
in the distribution for more information).
Bug reports/comments/patches are welcome:
last edited Jan 9, 2011 by Werner Bregulla