Re: sis 900 onboard card

Hello,

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:44:38 +0200, Alex wrote:
> I have a problem with sis 900 onboard card. I have downloaded the
> packetdriver from sis.com (sis900.exe)
> and I have created a floppy rom. But when I boot with floppy I have an error
> saying :
>
> PKTDRV ERROR : no driver int
>
> I think my sis 900 is little different from the others cause is a part of a
> ECGS motherboard. So I'm not sure of Vendor ID and other ID's .. I've tried
> to pass some command line with -n option but without results.
>
> Has anyone tried and maybe successed in making sis 900 onboard card working
> with netboot?

The SiS900 packet driver does not work with netboot version 0.9.8. I have
solved this problem, and will provide a bug fix with version 0.10 (it has
nothing to do with the fact that the network interface chip is enclosed on
the mainboard, but with a peculiarity of the drivers provided by SiS). Since
this new version fixes lots of bugs, I will release a preview-version
soon. Check out the netboot home page.

gero.

--
Gero Kuhlmann             Tollenbrink 18      Groote Gracht 33
gero@gkminix.han.de       30659 Hannover      26723 Emden