Re: AW: cnet pro 110b problem / 3com905c problem

Hello,

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 03:06:31 +0100, Gero Kuhlmann wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 03:55:18 +0100, Roland Stiebel wrote:
>> I use a 2.4.20 kernel and the latest netboot (0.9.8) .
>> Also I use the actual 3com905c-tx-nm packet driver from www.3com.com
>> (download in november 2003)
>> The exact error message is:
>> eth0: to much work on interrupt (status 8011)
>
> I could finally reproduce the error. You should use the NDIS
> driver from 3Com. It is not only much faster than the packet
> driver, but it also works correctly. I don't know why the
> packet driver doesn't work.

Now I do know the cause of the problem. It's a bug in the 3Com
packet driver which doesn't turn off the receive unit upon
termination. I've included a work-around into the bootrom code
which will be included in the next netboot version. If you need
the changed bootrom files any earlier, please let me know by
personal mail.

gero.

--
Gero Kuhlmann             Tollenbrink 18      Groote Gracht 33
gero@gkminix.han.de       30659 Hannover      26723 Emden