Re: Make problem

>Hello,
>
>I am doing some tests with etherboot-4.4.5. and etherboot 4.6.0
>Everything seems to work fine except when a want to include a option in the
>Config file.
>For example if I want to use a BOOTP server instead of a DHCP server I
>receive the following
>error.
>
>Config:6: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
>Beneath the first few lines of the Config file with the option for BOOTP
>enabled
>
>#
># Config for Etherboot/32
>#
># Basic options:
>-DNO_DHCP_SUPPORT=BOOTP -Use BOOTP instead of DHCP
># -DRARP_NOT_BOOTP- Use RARP instead of BOOTP/DHCP
>#       -DIMAGE_MENU    - Allow to interactively chose between different
>#                         bootimages; read vendortags.html for further
>#                         information.

Looks like you have one of those "helpful" text editors that break up
long lines or something like that. Get a real programmer's editor.

>I am working with standard LINUX 6.0

There is no such thing as Standard Linux 6.0. Only the kernel has a
version number and major packages have their versions. You probably mean a
distribution version such as RedHat 6.0 or Mandrake 6.0 or Slackware 6.0.

>The second question I have is about a 3c503 nic.
>What kind of eprom goes in the eprom socket on this nic?. it's a 28 pins
>socket.
>And how can I trigger the nic card so its looking for the eprom ?. Or is it
>always looking
>for a eprom ( bootrom )?.
>Where can I find a list with nic's including what kind ( type ) of (e)eprom
>fit's on that nic?.

The 3c503 requires a 27C64 (only). It's enabled by a jumper which you
will be able to see if you get out your magnifying glasses. I'm not
aware of any list of NICs and EPROM sizes. With the number of cards in
the market, it would have to be a reader maintained list.