Re: Only 4 out of 32 kB of bootrom recognized

> >'55 aa' is necessary for a proper rom image, and the 0x40 specifies
> >that the bootrom size is 0x40 = 64 times 512 bytes, which is 32 kB.
> >When plugged into the D-Link card, the first three bytes read
> >
> >  55 aa 08 ...
> >
> >which says the bootrom is 0x08 = 8 times 512 bytes, i.e. 4 kB in
> >size.  We have no clue how the NIC, the BIOS or whatsoever can modify
> >this value!
>
> If the NIC mediates access to the ROM, it could substitute some other
> value. Is there any setup program that you need to run to configure
> the NIC?

There is a setup program which has to be run under DOS :-(  This was
the reason the bootrom wasn't recognized at all in the beginning (is
there a hint on that in the READMEs?).

Whatsoever, we set the bootrom size to 32 kB, which seems to be
properly saved to the card's flash rom (possible options are 'no
bootrom', 4 kB, 8 kB, 16 kB, and 32 kB).  Using netboot-0.9, we have
this weird behaviour that the size seems to be altered; with
netboot-0.8.1, the bootrom is not touched by the NIC.

What could be responsible for this difference?