Re: Problems with etherboot and Boot prompt.

Ken Yap wrote:

> Actually I have thought about this a bit, the problem of booting
> from multiple cards. My feeling is that the principle of "truth in
> configuration" should apply. The ROM should boot the card that it
> is installed on. Otherwise you get anomalies when you add or remove
> cards. This should be possible to discover by saving the address that
> the ROM resides at before the body of the Etherboot code is called and
> then comparing what is returned by the PCI probe.

Ken,

Are you integrating Andrews patches into the distribution?

I'm very busy now, but once this period is over I'd like to configure
a machine to be diskless (actually, boot from the network, but allows
me to juggle disks in and out of it, while keeping the configuration
and bootstuff on a different computer.). It'd be neat if the
distribution would be updated to have a working eepro driver again. :-)

						Roger.

--
Actor asks a collegue: "To what do you owe your success in acting?"
Answer: "Honesty. Once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."