RE: Re: ROM & FlashCard

Hans Johnson writes:
 > > What kind of ISA Ethernet card is that anyway? NE2000, WD80x3, ...?
 > > You usually need to set jumpers or run configuration software to
 > > configure the ROM socket for your EPROM size and the desired location
 > > in you computer's memory space.
 >
 > I'm not really sure, but the main Chips on the card read "Compex".  According
 > to the manual, the card can be jumpered to run in either NE2k mode or in
 > WD80x3 mode... I'm not sure wich one would be better at this point.

Usually, WD80x3 mode should give you better performance, since it can
used memory-mapped I/O rather than port I/O. some of these
multi-standard cards, had bugs though; if you wanted to use the ROM
socket, you had to select NE2k mode.

Good luck,

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-278-0137

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature