Re: bootp problems (fwd)

Thomas M. writes:
 > On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Elisheva Alexander wrote:
 >
 > > bootp is limited to 64 octets. i /think/ you passed that amount. however
 > > you can use an "extended file" with some of your options,
 > > (:ef="path")
 > > that file will be trasferred via tftp, and that way options wont be
 > > truncated.
 > > (man bootpef)
 > > if you want an example of how our extended file works, i'll mail it.
 >
 >  I use the extended files already (for boot time menus on my other
 > machines). But that can't be used with a win95 machine, or at least I
 > haven't seen it anywhere yet...

If Win95 does not allow you to provide an extension file, then there
is little you can do. The BOOTP protocol does not leave very much
space in the returned data. Try removing unneeded information to make
extra room.

Markus

--
Markus Gutschke                         Internet: markus@infoscape.com
Infoscape, Inc                          Phone:    +1-415-278-0137

Disclaimer: The above message represents my personal opinion; It does
            not constitute an offical statement by Infoscape!

PGP signature